Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tour of Virginia Stage 1

TOV began today in Natural Bridge, VA, only about an hour from my place in harrisonburg. I rolled out @ 10:29 A.M for my prologue Time Trial. 8 minutes later I ended up I believe somewhere around 90th out of about 170 or so. Since today was a double - stage day there was a bit of napping and a 45min transfer to.... I forget. Anyway, whatever town I'm in hosted the Criterium. Nice up and down course lined with Cobblestones. I enjoyed a few minutes off the front to but to no avail as no one was willing to work as a breakaway. A lap after I was gobbled up the first time my teammate DAN Bowman to the KOM and is now in the "mountains leaders" jersey. The race begins tomorrow really... 100 miles with a Category 1, 7 mile, steep switch-backed climb 10 miles before the finish.


JB made it back from Belgium yesterday and was at the TOV today. Nice. And Jeff Schalk cherry picked last weekend's Big Bear WVMBA. Nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the Tour!We will miss ya at Greenbriar....Todd

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the TOV! Remember, EAT! Keep up the blog too so we can follow your progress.

Much love. mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on Rt. 606 over Warm Springs Mountain today. You were way in front of the main group by the top. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Way to go killa! Keep up the good work!!! Rock on man!
Respectfully yours, Chris