Wednesday, February 20, 2008

toc living

It's a sharp way to start the season. The last three days have been rife with "oh, right - forgot 'bout that..". A few things tend to slip after so many months out of the routine. Prologues are hard. I should have eaten 1000 more kj's (calories) on stage one. Oh, and pro tour sprinters can climb. Yesterday was good until the circuits and I flatted along with two other teammates. We mysteriously had tacks in our tires upon inspection. Spectator sabotage... The mad dash through the caravan is always fun. Boonen and Bettini both yelled at me. Cipollini is still fast. Today is big mountains. Transfer is over, gotta run!

8 comments:

RickySilk said...

Keep up the blogs man, the people gotta know!

You know you've arrived when you get yelled at by Boonen and Bettini.

Anonymous said...

Nick,
Hang in there babe. I've been following the play-by-plays" on cycling news. Not enough info... but I can't seem to get the video on cycling.tv Tell Le Chat we appreciate his efforts to get the team noticed.

Love from everybody in Davis. xxx Mom

dc said...

hey Nick - I thought I spied you in the peloton last night on Versus... Cai & I think you really ought to elbow up to the fron for a quick yet meaningless breakaway so we can see you better!!

Anonymous said...

O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G

Keep up the hard work and ride like the wind (a tailwind that is!)

Cutty Snark said...

booyah!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Nick. I won a $1 bet that you'd last more than three days. I didn't want to mention it beforehand - didn't want to put the added pressure on you. ;)

R

Anonymous said...

Nick - Nice work! On the surgery bench last summer and in the TOC this Spring. Inspiring! You're going to have a great season! Thanks for the info last year on your condition. I'm having the same procedure next month -- Matthew Hall

Anonymous said...

Nicky,
Whats up brotha! must have been 6 years since ive talked to ya. Glad to see you're a pro roadie these days, Good luck on the season and the comeback from surgery, drop me a line when you get a chance mattysnake@hotmail.com and say whatup to your mom and Carl for me! Take care

- Matt Hawkins