Tuesday, November 11, 2008

He's a bike messenger? Gasp!

Most of you probably don't know that I've moved to NYC. I have moved to NYC. Cobble Hill in Brooklyn to be precise. When I think about it, you all probably do know because I've most likely called you for advice or to see, by chance, if you had connection in this city only slightly larger than Davis. Today will be my first as an NYC bike messenger. I'll be doing some trial-by-fire street training with the boys at cyclehawknyc.com. Are my bars narrow enough to slip between taxis and buses but not too narrow as to go careening uncontrollably into hispterdom? Time will tell and hopefully for my sake the bars are still wide enough to scrape the shit out of a car in Manhattan if I should be so inclined. My bike is just barely built so I'm up early this morning to re-tension the chain and put a brake on. My "shift" starts at 11 and goes till 7. Mark get set go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck my friend! And carry a big bike lock...I hear some people like to steal bikes up around those parts...i don't know...maybe its just a rumor...maybe some pepper spray too...that would be fun.

Anonymous said...

glad you made the move!