Tuesday, July 14, 2009

%v<$ your tan lines.

I'm smack in the middle of summer and my arm tan lines show it. Although not from painful hours of singletrack or near vertical climbs in the Shenandoah Valley, they're just programed for an automatic biker/farmer tan as soon as sun touches the skin even if I'm not wearing a shirt. It's a hyper-sensitivity built over many years of sickeningly routine pedaling behavior in the sun. Still, they're not really impressive at all. What were once highly defined bronze/pale- white, "You do not cross this line!", lines, have become lazy tapered brownish oil spill tan lines with no real clear beginning or end. They just fade away! The attire has most certainly played a major roll in the degeneration of my once mighty and defined tan lines. It turns out the only thing the tight rubber bands on jersey sleeves are for is a solid stencil line for a proper cyclist tan. I've since traded those in for light weight "burned out" cotton shirts with sleeves that ride up when I ride because I like my shirts small. The moral of this post is that one should always cut off those stupid little bands around their jersey sleeves.

1 comment:

Joey and Mandi said...

AMEN! Especially when you have guns like mine.