Sunday, March 4, 2007

Home alone.

While the rest of the team is racing in Merced this weekend, I'm taking this mellow weekend as a chance to explore the coast and put in some nice solo training miles. Yesterday I went into the mountains off the Pacific Coastal Highway. There are some amazing views of the Ocean after climbing about 1500' up the steep canyon roads. Once you've made it over the first steep climb from the PCH, you connect into an endless network of European-style, serpentine, single lane roads. The homes up there are incredible and are certainly owned by the rich and perhaps even famous local population.

The bummer about riding around here is that from the house in Oxnard it takes an hour of riding along the PCH in the wind to make it out to the really good, smaller roads. Yesterday I rode three hours and my average power was higher than any of the rides I did with the team earlier in the week.

All right, I suppose I should be heading in the directions on the bike. It is noon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sup bro, Glad to see youre havin fun.Youre sites lookin good these days.Keep the pictures comin....Todd

Anonymous said...

hey nick, lookin good. the team looks sharp and that bike looks sick. i have one of the carbon lemonds in the shop and it is super light. i wish it was sunny and warm here. the weather guessers are calling for 6" tommorrow. joey.