Saturday, April 26, 2008

Night time in the little town

The plague symptoms are showing signs of retreat. I'm fighting. It seems, par usual, that everyone in town is out doing huge things this weekend. It's always obvious how much is going on around you when you can't participate. A thing to remember for times of health... Suzy Q and JB are in Germany this weekend for round 2 of the MTB World Cup. Their Olympic participation hinges on rock and/or roll performances! Half my team is racing in the Athens drunken criterium in Georgia tonight. The other half is stuck at home with lonely ritualistic things to do before heading out to Oregon for the Mt. Hood stage race later in May. Altitude tents and suppressed eating habits and such. Seneca Rocks had some action this weekend with White Grass Catering and Chris Scott leading tours. Today Harrisonburg's new local "City" MTB Park had a little opening shindig. The Rocktown trails at Hillandale park are amazing and I'm going burry my head in the sand for not making it out there in a long while. Mountain bikes are frickin' cool and I'm not sure that I actually know how to ride one anymore. Trek thinks I might so I'll be riding one of those at some point this season. My roomy, Jeff "Schark", is at the other event of the weekend at Greenbrier State Park in MD for a big fat-tire throw down. Sounds like something fun. Mackie Marcus and Jason Cyr from the Blackwater Bikes team are the official Redneck reps from Davis. I was born there. Great for bicycle practice as well as pizza and local suds. I've been charged with looking after the homestead of 222 and baking vegan cookies when I feel distant. I have a bottle of Sake.

Today was hot and then it rained. All the trees are budding and green is here to stay for while. The Harri-Roubaix has come and gone with a bang so Spring is in full bloom. I'll do some investigation into the progress of Davis next week. Been a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'll be in Davis too! Let's hang out and get dirty.

Nick Waite said...

You are everywhere, Hoover Penrod. Everywhere I want to be. The filth always follows.