Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The clean life

After many months of functioning to capacity only after the potent drip of a dark roasted coffee, green tea has arrived to restore and comfort me. It's morning here at 222 Campbell St. (aka Chriscottistan) and I've been up for over an hour checking the weather and eating homemade biscuits with jam. The house is a bit chilly so I've got my green KBS Gummby suit on. It's a green retro/euro/hippster american apparel jumpsuit we got at the Tour of California. The weather's not so terrible outside at 45 degrees but my body doesn't know exactly what to think after experiencing so many climates already this year. The sun is out, though, so the planned noon ride time should be ok. Of course mornings communicating ride plans with training partners can't go without controversy as Jeff has already been arguing Andy Mac's 10am ride time logic. We discussed it and I contended that riding early is really just an illusion of being "on the ball" because you feel like you're ahead of the competition. There's that and there is the fact that every aspiring cyclist has this 10am thing stuck their head as being totally fesh. This neurotic behavior usually wears off after a few years of getting destroyed by riders you later find out barely even ride and have Mtn. Dew in their bedons. I've been through the gamut with this one. I experimented in the early years modeling myself off riders like Chris Eatough who truly represented the rare breed of 10am and successful to the sporadic brilliance of Jeremiah Bishop. They both work, just not exclusively. Jeff's argument is that if you have all day, ride during the best hours of it. Mine tends to be a more working flow-chart of inspiration logic.

Health seems to still be on it's way. Just to be sure, I'll continue to live the clean life until I'm sure it's really here. So the latest with the Olympic MTB crew is that Adam Craig and Todd Wells are planting themselves firmly at the top of the USA Possibility list.
Adam was 8th in World Cup # 2 in Germany last weekend and Todd is holding his own in consistency land. Jeremiah is fighting and I know what he's up against having also started in the oppressive back rows of a world cup mtb race. Never surrender! Suzy Q had a better race last weekend in the 30's. One more big one this weekend in Madrid, Spain before the crew rolls home. Ah, of course I should mention that Jeff Schark is three for three after his crack 'm all win last weekend in Greenbrier. On with the day.

No comments: